Let’s get both Summer Sailstice and Second Life sailing more widely known across both our worlds!
- 5 February 2021 article “Dave Bloch: Ambassador” at https://summersailstice.com/article/dave-bloch-ambassador re-introduced the RL sailing community to the guy you know in SL as Dale Irata.
2020 Articles Below:
- 20 April 2020 Email and article “Happy Earth Day from Summer Sailstice & Sailors of the Sea” at https://summersailstice.com/article/happy-earth-day-summer-sailstice-sailors-sea
- 22 April 2020 Article “Sailing in Second Life” at https://summersailstice.com/article/sailing-second-life
- 27 May Article “Biggest Virtual Sailing Event Ever?” in ‘lectronic Latitude
(The article was also in the online San Francisco Chronicle: https://blog.sfgate.com/latitude38/2020/05/28/the-biggest-virtual-sailing-event-ever/
- 11 Jun feature in the Sailstice blast Email. The text is:
The Largest Virtual Sailing Event Ever This Saturday, June 13th our Second Life sailors kick off a week-long virtual sailing event leading up to the very first Summer Sailstice in SL. It will culminate with a day of Sailstice activities from races, cruises, opens houses, parties and more. If you can’t sail on Sailstice, or have ever been curious about virtual reality, this could be the event for you! See that section of the Email in a PNG file by clicking here.
- 16 June: The YouTube video produced by Draxtor for “Made in SL”
- 17 June: Splash Into Summer with Virtual Sailing on the official Second Life Community Blog from Linden Lab
- 17 June: “Last Call for Summer Sailstice” in ‘lectronic Latitude
- 3 July: Our 60-second entry to the Summer Sailstice Video Challenge
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cAlCsU7Is2g (it will also appear soon on the video page of their Facebook site https://www.facebook.com/summersailstice/
- 3 July: Our “final report to the Summer Sailstice community